INFO & POLICIES
REGISTRATION & TUITION:
Upon registration, the first month’s tuition and registration fee are due. These fees are non-refundable. Cash, credit cards, and checks are accepted.
Our tuition is based on a September through May session and is divided into 9 monthly installments. The first week of June is for only one week of class and is due at the end of February. A student is expected to complete the whole season through May. Monthly tuition remains the same regardless of holidays, spring break, school holidays, Mardi Gras or winter break. We do continue classes after recital, we at that time start summer season and our last date of classes can be found on our important studio dates below. ~No drops will be allowed after March 1.
Tuition is due on the first of each month. All payments received after the 10th of each month will carry a $15 late fee. All returned checks will be charged a $30 insufficient funds fee. Monthly statements are emailed out after the 10th if you do not receive an email let us know. Your failure to check your email or to let us know you haven't received on is you responsibility and does not excuse you from payment.
Any medical issue involving injury must be presented with a doctor’s note to receive tuition credit in the case of extended abscenes (ie: broken bones, etc).
In the event of inclement weather, you may make up classes but there is no refund.
Open/overdue accounts must be paid in full or student will not be allowed to participate in class and no student can participate in the end of the year concert with out their account paid in full.
If a student withdraws from a class, the parent must fill out a drop form at the desk or the student will continue to be billed for classes. Please note that the month the class is dropped, tuition for that month and any prior tuition must be paid in full at time of withdrawal. We must have a 30 day drop notice.~No drops will be allowed after March 1
1. Parents must not leave children, or their siblings and friends, unattended before and after class. Our staff is not responsible for your child once they are dismissed from class or before classes begin.
2. Please watch your personal items at all times as we are not responsible for valuables left around the studio.
3. Dress code must be met at all times or the students will not be allowed to participate in class. Cover-ups must be worn to and from class.
4. No food or drink, other than water, is allowed inside the classrooms. Water can be brought in only if in sports bottle or plastic water bottle. No open containers. We encourage students who dance for multiple hours to bring a snack.
5. No refunds will be issued. When the student enrolls with The Dance pointe, it is understood they will complete the 9 month dance term. Accounts must be up to date. Students may not participate unless account is paid and current (no past due payments).
6. If a student needs to leave class early for any reason, a note must accompany the child to class or confirmed by text to Ms Farry.
7. NO CANDY OR GUM ALLOWED IN CLASS.
8. Good attendance is necessary for students to progress in their art. Please keep absences to a minimum. However, if your child has a contagious illness please keep them home!
9. If you feel you need to discuss certain issues with the teachers, you may do so by reserving a conference time. Our front desk staff can assist you in scheduling a time. Our teachers like to keep communication open with our parents but are not allowed to have conference time interfere with class time.